A person’s blood type is classified based on the presence of inherited antigens – substances attached on the surface of red blood cell. An antigen is certain specific type of proteins, carbohydrates, glycoprotein, or glycolipids. There are four principle blood types namely; blood type A, B, AB and O. Moreover, these are further categorized as either Rh positive or Rh negative based on presence or absence of Rh factor. Blood type is believed to say a lot about one’s personality. Japanese rely on blood types instead of zodiac signs. Here we have brought you some of incredible and interesting facts about blood type that you might not knew before:
Top 10 interesting facts about blood type:An American biologist Karl Landsteiner discovered ABO blood group system in 1901.
1. Japanese Blood Type Personality Theory- blood type as personality indicator!While most of the people believe in zodiac signs, Japanese use blood type as personality indicator. Thus, they believe that every blood type is associated with unique characteristic. According to their blood type theory;
- People having blood type A are disciplined, well-behaved but tend to be stressed easily
- Having blood O means a person is highly optimistic, a born leader or resilient nature
- Those having blood type B are creative and curious. The bad news is that they tend to be egotistic and selfish.
- A person having blood type AB tends to have complicated, somewhat ‘dual’ nature.
Also read: Interesting facts about fingerprints
2. Blood type A is the oldest of all blood types!Blood type A is the most ancient. Researchers believe that this blood type existed before the evolution of human species from its ancestors. Then comes the blood type B. Blood type B possibly originated some 3.5 million years ago, as result of some genetic mutation.
3. Does your blood type determine what you should eat? A big YES!It’s an interesting thing that a person’s blood type influences the eating habits. Moreover, nutritionists suggest certain particular diets for every blood group.
- For instance, people having blood group O, should eat protein- rich diet such as meat, poultry etc. Also, this blood group is most susceptible to digestive issues.
- Those having blood type A should include more veggies in their diet. This is because they tend to have weak immune system.
- If you have blood type B, your body tends to release more cortisol – the stress hormone. Therefore, you should avoid junk and fatty food.
- Those having blood type AB, should include more citrus in their diet so as to ensure proper digestion.
4. Some fun facts about blood type and associated personality traits!
- O blood type is most commonly needed. The reason is that this blood type lacks antigens on blood cell. Therefore, the recipient body does not react to it. And this makes it most wanted blood type and “universal donor”. Daring, outgoing, resilient and determined; these characteristics define blood type O people. If you have blood type O, here is the good new! On the other hand, they are known for their anger issues.
- Those having blood type A are generally generous, kind and compassionate. At the same time, they are the ones having stress and anxiety disorders. In this blood type, the body produces more cortisol as compared to other blood groups.
- Similarly, people having blood type B are optimistic, confident, friendly and easy to get along with. They are said to be the most “balanced” type. These are empathic and caring and have exceptionally high logical skills.
- People having blood type AB are more prone to memory issues, strokes and trauma. These are “universal recipient” blood type.
5. Blood types and risks of certain diseases!
- Those having blood type O have lower risks of coronary heart disease and malaria.
- People having blood type AB have greater risk of developing cognitive and memory issues.
- All blood types except O type are more prone to develop pancreatic cancer.
- Those having Rh negative blood type have greater risk of having skin allergies.